MGE embraces the responsibility to care for and protect the environment. We accept responsibility for the effects that our operations have on both the local and global environment. It is our commitment to continually improve the environmental performance across everyone’s activities.
MGE STRIVES TO:
- Measure the impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of operations.
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring efficiency wherever possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Implement a training program to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist our support in improving the Company’s performance.
- Encourage the adoption of similar principles by suppliers.
- Publicize our environmental position.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all operations.
MGE values our Environmental Policy and we use it as a guideline to apply to all operations within the Company. As a key element of our Core Values, we are dedicated to respecting the environment everyone lives in.
Equipment Replacement Program MGE’s program is composed primarily of late model, environmentally friendly units. This program ensures that State and Federal emissions requirements are able to supply its Customer’s projects with tier IV compliant certifications. MGE partners with top quality rental companies to supplement our fleet as needed.
Carpool Program MGE adjusted our vehicle policy to reduce highway exposure time by as much as 75%. Originally, every truck assigned to a foreman was allowed to be driven to and from home. Ownership Thinking has encouraged our foreman to take a review of the environmental impact and associated costs to determine that the carpool program is a better alternative for the environment as well as the Company.
Equipment Selection MGE utilizes mini-excavators that can be transported by crew trucks for many digging operations which results in a substantial reduction of fuel use and pollution over a backhoe and ten-wheeled dump truck. MGE implemented the use of vacuum excavation near energized enclosures. This practice is safer and faster resulting in less time spent burning fuel.